The Program Council provides communication and coordination support to AUUC committees in executing the mission of the Congregation. The Council Chair presides at meetings and represents the Council on the Executive Committee. The Program Council consists of the elected Program Council Chair and committee representatives. Representatives of current task forces, commissions, and other special program activities can be members of the Council. Core Council committees are Green Sanctuary, Social Justice, Adult Spiritual Development, Children’s Spiritual Development, Communications, Music, Membership, Worship, and Sacred Wheel. Other ommittees participate as necessary to either obtain Council support or to support the Council.
- Share information to coordinate and to gain support for all church events and programs.
- Discuss and give input/recommendations into church operational issues and processes. These include but are not limited to calendar and budget development, facility use and maintenance, communications issues, program goals, prioritization of resources, etc.
- Work with the Board of Directors to recruit and train new committee chairs when vacancies occur.
- Provide, in conjunction with the Leadership Development and Nominating Committee, training and orientation of committee chairs, lay leadership, and new members.
- Participate in newcomer orientation sessions.
- Provide a forum for brainstorming and discussion of member/committee/church concerns/issues/problems. An extension of this function is to act as a sounding board for issues to be presented to the Board of Directors and to keep the Board abreast of these issues.
- Provides the Board of Directors recommendations on actions that require financing or other action by the Board.
POINT OF CONTACT
Judy Usherson, Council Chair, [email protected]
|Green Sanctuary||Mary Rose Janya
|Children’s Spiritual Development||Michele Andersen||[email protected]|
|Adult Spiritual Developmehnt||Peter Campbell||[email protected]|
|Social Justice||Ed Kringer||[email protected]|
|Membership Development||Marge Runge
|Communications||Debbie Cohen||[email protected]|
|House & Grounds||Dick Robison||[email protected]|
|Memorial Committee||Don Eckerman||[email protected]|
|Rental||Jen Cowgill, Mary Kringer||[email protected]|
|Sacred Wheel||Nancy Melito||[email protected]|
|Worship Committee||Jenn Carlson||[email protected]|
|Garden||JJoAnn Flanagan||[email protected]|